How FMCG Brands Will Win in Grocery’s eCommerce Boom
Online grocery shopping trends are valued to grow by 24.8% from 2020-2027, as per the reports.
The established grocers like Walmart and Kroger as well as new players like Amazon Fresh are keen to upgrade their order and delivery process.
As per the facts, consumers prefer home delivery four times more than a curbside pickup.
FMCG Digital Strategy Techniques
Retail eCommerce has already engaged customers in buying a wide range of products varying from expensive items to personal needs.
The marketing analysts have already cracked the shopping techniques of retail consumers like the products they are searching for, how they came to know about it, and other details. But it’s different for FMCG products.
As said by the market researcher Nielsen, FMCG brands online sales are expected to touch 4 Billion US dollars by 2022. Let us see how FMCG brands will win in grocery’s eCommerce boom.
FMCG companies are slowly strengthening their market presence through social media platforms.
There are certain tools and analytics available that helps in market research, look for the target audience, and build a strategy.
Facebook insights help you adjust the statistics and goals. Not only Facebook, but brands also need to integrate with other social media handles to stay updated and cover vast consumers.
The digital marketing trends in FMCG has evolved into creating a more user-friendly content which provides information, videos, etc; hence helping the customers engage more.
By creating informative content, you drive sales and also build a strong community.
This technique helps in giving loyal customers. Several brands are using unique content marketing techniques such as Maggie to provide recipes using Maggie masala and Dove has a section of beauty tips.
The clever content marketing strategies will not only help to share information but will also increase engagement and drive sales. Also, keep in mind to have SEO friendly and keyword-optimized content.
Influencer marketing is one of the most important digital marketing trends in FMCG. With the help of influencers, your brand can reach its vast number of followers and increase consumer awareness of your products.
Influencer marketing is also very useful for FMCG brands because consumers are more likely to believe in the authenticity of your brand when an influencer whom they follow recommends it to them.
The emerging usage of video platforms like YouTube and TikTok is also one of the ways to help your brand stand out.
Overcome The Challenges Faced by FMCG Brands
- It is important to maintain a consistent product profile for each retailer. The leading global hygiene and forest product brand SCA uses Syndy to handle inconsistent product content. This option helps SCA to upload the content in bulk and enables to share with other online shops all at once. Syndy provides the latest product content automatically to the retailers in the right format making the whole process so much more effective and less time-consuming.
- Ecommerce is sometimes considered as the weak area for FMCG because in offline shopping FMCG has successful marketing strategies to make customers shop more. However, as the FMCG is shifting online brands like Amazon, Reliance, Walmart, and other established companies have overturned this challenge.
- With so many upcoming small brands adopting technology and a new marketing strategy, the competition in the grocery eCommerce is seen surging high. Therefore, it is important to have a convincing website with user-centric content. It is the need of time to provide users with an Omnichannel experience.
- Apart from all this, there is an absence of touch of goods, chances of receiving an expired or damaged product are some of the major concerns about buying FMCG online.
The future of online grocery retail
There was a time when grocery shopping was restricted only to the brick and mortar store or street vendors.
But with the evolution of time and change in the consumer’s purchasing pattern the online grocery market is one of the growing eCommerce sectors.
Research shows that whether online or offline shoppers tend to share the same interest in shopping.
They are looking for ways to save time and money and the online services provide the hassle-free shopping experience at any point of time from anywhere.
- Future scenarios in online grocery retail will have the wholesale more organized as big players will invest in their growth.
- The eCommerce direct-to-consumers model will lead supermarkets and grocery stores to surpass the existing channels driving more consumers.
- With so much competition in the market, high internet penetration, and an increase in demand, FMCG brands need to adapt to the changes and re-invest in technologies.
- Technologies like artificial intelligence and 3D-rendition of a catalogue will make the FMCG brands win in grocery’s eCommerce boom.
The secret to success for any online segment is to provide the best user experience. The smoother the navigation from products to categories, the better the brand thrives.
Also, indulge in running exciting offers, ad campaigns, and personal approach to the consumers.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!