Start selling on Amazon from India to the world in 2021
No Matter where you live, you can be eligible to be an International Amazon seller. Your international Amazon store can be created whenever you want? Wondering how? Did you know, 86% out of the entire 2.2 million third-party Amazon sellers world-wide sell in the US marketplace and where 41% are living outside.
If you also want to become one of these international sellers and earn huge profit without spending a penny on the cost of living in the foreign countries, this article is just curated for you. Read this write up further to know what all you need to know to get started.
Why should you sell on Amazon Internationally?
An e-commerce exports program, Amazon Global Selling is designed for sellers to sell internationally from any country. There are around 70,000+ Sellers who have already signed up and expanded their businesses internationally. This makes this the biggest International eCommerce Marketplace.
Here’s why you should export through Amazon Global Selling?
- It empowers sellers by enabling them expanding their business globally and sells their products to millions of Amazon’s customers across 200+ countries & territories. Sellers get access to millions of shoppers worldwide in an effective and reasonable budget.
- The business happens through 15 Amazon International Marketplaces in the Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands & UK), Americas (US, Canada, Mexico & Brazil), Asia-Pacific (Japan, Singapore & Australia) & Middle East (UAE, Turkey). These are renowned eCommerce Marketplaces.
- With $2 Billion+ eCommerce Exports Sales, Amazon Global Selling has been helping entrepreneurs to export through eCommerce. Amazon Global Selling has made exporting from India simpler and profitable for global sellers.
- You get to grow your business – Amazon Global Selling offers you an opportunity to expand your business to international markets. With Amazon Global Selling, you get access to millions of Amazon’s global customers from the best international marketplaces like Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia etc.
- It helps you strengthen your cash flow. You get to leverage the festive seasons from all the countries and make the most of peak selling seasons along with sale events across the world like – Prime Day, Christmas, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Ramadan and Elders Day where Indian festivals are cherry on the cake.
- Utilizing Amazon world-class logistics, powerful tools and best-in-class customer service to simplify selling internationally, you can easily make your business growing.
How to start selling internationally?
To start selling on Amazon internationally, ensure you have the required information handy:
- Valid Phone number
- Residence proof and documents
- Tax information
- Internationally chargeable credit card which is valid
- Verified Bank account (Opening international bank account is hazardous. Instead you can use Amazon’s Currency Converter used for sellers which helps you sell on Amazon)
Keep these information and documents handy for creating your Amazon seller account. In order to register, go to sellercentral.amazon.com and click on ‘Register now’ option.
Make your decisions of where and what to sell
It’s the most important step when you start selling internationally. Your product has to have a global value or demand for achieving a significant growth.
Choose a business model
There are the three business models for Amazon Global Sellers:
Private Label: This is a practice of selling as a brand or label when you manufacture or get them manufactured by a partner. 70 % of all global sellers here are private label sellers
Wholesale: Wholesalers sell products manufactured by other brands/companies.
Dropshipping: Dropshipping is the practice where you promote or sell products offered by other manufacturers or suppliers. A dropshipper pays the supplier/manufacturer and request to ship the products to their customers on their behalf when the sale is done.
Complete your product listing
You must complete your product listing for a new in the Amazon catalogue. To save your time, you can do it in bulk. You have to create your listing on Amazon to receive the shipping destination and FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) warehouse that you will send the product to. While completing listing on Amazon, here are some basics to help you out:
Upload high resolution product images: Ensure your brand authenticity and quality of the product by updating high quality pictures showing each product feature. It gives our customers clarity and transparency that they want. Also, product image is the first impression on your consumers. It should represent your brand or product in the most suitable way.
Choose an informative and SEO friendly title: Let your customer find you on Amazon. By choosing an SEO friendly title for your product you help your customers reach out to your products easily.
Write and implement great descriptions: Write product features or in the pack description in a bulleted manner. It helps your customers notice the key points before they make a purchasing decision. Ensure your product description is relevant. Customers feel cheated if the description and the delivered product don’t match.
Choose a payment options for your customers
To understand the basics of Amazon payment processes read our previous blogs. Amazon generally accepts several payment currencies and pays you in your local currency. When you register to sell in a different and brand new marketplace, there can be several ways that helps you set up your account. As we have discussed earlier, you can use your local bank account as payment option. You can use Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers (ACCS) to get the payment your local currency. This process takes time and Amazon owns the bank transfer fee.
Monitor your inventory
Do you know you can save up to 12 to 15 % on your business by keeping a check on your inventory? After you ship the product do you verify if the whole stock is received and put on sale? If not, then you are losing track of your business which can result in loss because the whole operation of FBA happens in bulk with numerous machines and humans being involved. Monitoring your inventory for in-stock/out-of-stock products also helps you in providing better customer experiences.
The process of selling in 5 steps:
Manage your business online
Keeping a track of your business online is a must when you sell internationally. If you don’t manage your business inventory, reimbursement, delivery issues, order tracking etc. online, you may have to face a huge loss in you eCommerce Business.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!