[Event Recap] Insights and Learnings from Ecomm MENA 2019, Dubai
Vinculum attended Ecomm MENA 2019, a Middle East and North African eCommerce conference where who’s who of retail and logistics industry networked to discuss growth opportunities and strategies for success.
Date: 24-25 April 2019
Venue: The Address Hotel, Dubai Mall, UAE
The event saw a huge participation of over 200 delegates, 40 speakers and 25 exhibitors who shared latest trends and insights from retail and ecommerce industry.
Vinculum’s Agenda at Ecomm MENA 2019
Vinculum attended the event with an agenda of helping brands and retailers enable omnichannel retailing.
To help brands give their customers a seamless shopping experience, team Vinculum exhibited at booth #T8:
- Deepak Singla (Founder and VP – Omnichannel)
- Jaspreet Singh (Head of Sales, MEA)
- Nikhil Gupta (Regional Sales Manager, MEA)
Over 100 representatives of established brands and retailers came by the booth to discuss:
- What strategies, process, structure and technology changes are required to succeed in omnichannel retailing?
- How to align business strategy to fulfill continuously changing consumer preferences and expectations?
- How to bridge offline and online shopping journeys to delight customers?
- How to engage customers through united brand experiences at all touchpoints?
- How to redesign the business approach to align with the changing retail formats?
Panel Discussion: The Omnichannel Debate
Deepak Singla and Nikhil Gupta participated in a panel discussion on topic – The Omnichannel Debate. Other panelists included:
- Sachinn J Laala, CEO, Liquid Retail
- Borhene Ben Mena, CEO, Shipa Delivery
- Puneet Mishra, Head Supply Chain, BMA International FZE
- Shailen Shukla, Head Logistics, Jumbo Electronics LLC Dubai
Key Takeaways of the Panel Discussion
The panel discussed how omnichannel has become the new normal in the retail and ecommerce industry.
Suppose your customer is shopping for a pair of shoes online. When she purchases the product she notices that it would take 3 days in delivery. She doesn’t have this much time. She finds out that the same pair is available at a store nearby. So, she goes to the store and makes a purchase.
After bringing it home she changes her mind. Now, she wants to return the product but doesn’t want to go back to the store. She comes across an online return option for a purchase which is made offline. So, she returns the product online.
All this is possible through omnichannel retailing. The panelists discussed multiple challenges in providing a robust omnichannel experience.
The two major challenges are:
- Inventory allocation – how much inventory to hold across various channels?
- Pricing strategy – what should be the pricing across various channels?
Other key discussion points were:
- Importance of personalisation on online channels similar to an in-store experience.
- How to provide consistent shopping experience across channels to meet customer expectations?
- Use of technology in giving personalised service to the end consumer.
- Need of robust platforms and streamlined processes to handle operations during peak season sales.
- How partner integrations help in delivering customer promises?
Today, giving an omnichannel experience to your customers is no longer an option. It is a necessity for growing brands and businesses. To know how we can help you enable seamless shopping experience for your customers, make an enquiry.
An MBA marketing graduate from IIM, Akash Jain works at Vinculum group, where he manages product marketing, content and social media marketing. An ardent learner of new things, he is passionate about scaling up marketing operations, implementing new-age marketing automation and customer psyche.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!