Lazada partners with Vinculum to power their growth story
All about Lazada:
Launched in 2012, Lazada is Southeast Asia’s largest eCommerce company.
It currently operates shopping websites in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. The marketplace had 8 million customers and 30,500 active sellers as of September 2015.
The company began by selling inventory to customers from its own warehouses but now also runs marketplaces for third-party sellers, as well as using its own logistics networks to deliver goods to consumers.
Lazada partnered with Vinculum to overcome the obstacles like Seller management, Order management, inventory management, price management and last-mile fulfillment.
With hundreds of thousands of products across categories including health and beauty, home and living, fashion, consumer electronics and home appliances among others, Lazada is a one-stop shopping destination.
As South East Asia’s leading online marketplace, Lazada required an eCommerce solution that would allow it to manage its seller base and support customer needs.
They required a solution that –
- Streamlined their seller onboarding processes, to manage inventory and prices.
- Integrated, their various systems. Additionally, they required an end to end solution that would support multiple languages and currencies, since they serve 6 different markets.
- Automated their business processes to enable an efficient and seamless fulfillment cycle of online orders and manage their inventory efficiently.
The Vinculum Solution:
This one-stop solution enabled automated fulfillment of orders from marketplaces and web store.
It delivered the following –
- Faster Seller Onboarding
- Efficient Seller Management, including inventory and prices
- An Integrated multi-language and multi-currency Order Management Suite
- Ready integrations with 23 logistics companies for last-mile delivery
The implementation meant that they could save on costs and resources reduce manual processes – and improve their order and inventory management.
What lies ahead?
Recently, Alibaba, the Chinese eCommerce giant invested in Lazada for a controlling stake worth $ 1 billion.
This agreement values Lazada at a $1.5 billion, poising it for growth in the multiple markets it operates in.
In the coming years, the online marketplace plans to provide the 560 million consumers in the South East Asia region access to the broadest and most unique assortment of products.
Read the complete story of how we helped Lazada here.
Any tips or questions for us? Leave them in the comments below.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!