Metro Gaisano partners with Vinculum to accelerate its growth
All about Metro
Founded by Victor and Sally Gaisano from Cebu in 1982, Metro Retail has been a leading retail chain for 33 years.
With three formats—department store, supermarket, and Hypermart, the homegrown retail firm has 47 stores with over 9,000 employees and foot traffic of over 250,000 shoppers daily.
It is the largest department store and hypermarket in terms of retail value sales in Visayas, Philippines, and is among the top three retailers in the Philippines.
Metro owns and operates a chain of departmental stores, supermarkets, furniture stores, DIY stores, and convenience stores. With multiple data systems and sources, there were inconsistencies and redundancies in their customer and product data.
The retailer needed a solution that could
- Process, clean and classify millions of records.
- Reduce obsolete, inconsistent and redundant information
- Manage multiple data from different sources and systems
- Increase efficiency of processes for timely execution
- Automate supplier registrations
The Vinculum Solution
Vinculum’s high-performance Master Data Management solution, Vin MDM, helped Metro identify more than 35% of obsolete data. We worked with the retailer to deliver
- IT strategy and roadmap to enhance its infrastructure
- Identification of 35% of duplicate and inaccurate data
- Processing, cleansing and classification of millions of records in minutes
- 54% reduction of item records
- Improvement of process orchestration
- 360-degree visibility of master information
- Enablement of users to take on data processing and synchronization
Additionally, our implementation provided them with an IT strategy and a roadmap to enhance their infrastructure and systems to meet current and future needs.
The road ahead
Currently, the retail group is pouring in P10 billion to double the size of its network in the next five years. They plan to increase the network of their stores to 800,000 square meters in terms of gross floor area.
So far, the company has already secured about 40 percent of the target, which will open in the next two years.
Read the complete story of how we helped Metro here.
Any tips or questions for us? Leave them in the comments below.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!